We are close to the end of COMM3248 and after these weeks of information, research, presentations and group work. We are almost there, we have one final project to go for the commencement of this course. This certainly was challenging, insightful and somewhat fun. We were engaged to do individual and group work and our teamwork was seen as vital which encouraged us to plan soundly for the betterment of our groups. Let me give you an idea of some of what we were enlightened by in class:
- The Communication Cycle as a Microcosm of Marketing – This entails the different processes within the communication cycle which helps in marketing.
- Blogging – To create a personalize blog space and weekly add content and this was our way of maintaining it. Most of my blog emphasized on the word of God, thus the name – ♥Heavenly Notes♥
- What and who is an Entrepreneur?
- An Entrepreneur is someone who manages, develops and organizes a company/enterprise with a capacity of making money.
- Intrapreneur – This was a new term for me which means someone who is challenged by their employers’ mission to succeed within an organization.
- The Defining characteristics of a successful entrepreneur – We were given 20 attributes. I will list five (5):
- The Pros and Cons of a Entrepreneurship in Media & Communication
- The Services as Products
- Idea Generation which entails from Idea to Reality – Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Planning as an Entrepreneur
- Elevator Pitch for the Business Model [Group] – Rapid Research: This business model entails a research company based in Jamaica but will offer information/data both on a local, regional and international basis.
- Site Visit to – Jamaica Stock Market
- Business Plan [Group Project] – This will be a follow-up from the elevator pitch which will include deeper research. This plan will include information in a more detailed format of how we intend to survive as a business.
Thank you for visiting my page and weekly blogs and do come back again as I will continue to support bloggers out there and hope you will do the same for me.
Special Thanks and Shout Out to Mr. Gerrard “Gerry” McDaniel, Lecturer of COMM3248 and Communications Consultant